We’re excited, folks!! Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 16! The river has finally receded and it looks like we’ll get to have our first Moonlight Bat Float of the year. Arrive early for a 6:30pm check-in at the docks of Texas Rowing Center (1541 W. Cesar Chavez St., 78703) then listen to the sounds of musical guest Pat Green as we head down to the Congress Street Bridge to watch the bats emerge. Reserve your spot NOW for our 2016 season kick-off float!
Folks, we are sorry to say that our June 18 Moonlight Bat Float has to be cancelled due to high waters on LBL. As of today, Friday, June 17, the river is running at 6,354 cfs…normal flow is 600 cfs…a challenge going upstream even for seasoned paddlers, which is what we have to do to get back to the docks of Texas Rowing Center. We fully anticipate the waters will recede well before the July 16 Bat Float, so mark your calendars now and purchase your tickets online…everyone will be ready to get out on the water by then.
The river should be down by the 18th for our first Bat Float of the season – keep your fingers and toes crossed. Musical guest for the night will be Adam Johnson on guitar. You can purchase tickets on our website. Come out and join us, won’t you?
Several of our River Sense trips had to be cancelled this spring due to excessive rains and high waters, which has significantly reduced our numbers for the year. Please let us know if you have a connection with a teacher or school who would like to give their kids a unique opportunity to learn river etiquette, something they wouldn’t normally get in a classroom. We do groups of 30 kids at a time but can combine two groups of 15, and the kids we generally work with are underserved youth. Please call or email Anna Castillo at 512-865-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org with information or questions. Learn more about Texas River School’s River Sense trips at www.texasriverschool.org/river-sense/
Hi KFF folks! Joe Kendall of Texas River School is keeping a close watch on the Guadalupe River water levels and is trying to come up with a Plan B so we can still take advantage of the water in a safe, fun way. He will arrive at the put-in site early Thursday morning to scout it out then determine if floating is doable for our group. This is a sticky situation and we’d rather not cancel with such beautiful weather, so he’ll make the decision as soon as possible to either go with a Plan B or cancel. Regardless, there are still eight (8) canoes available to rent. If this trip has to be cancelled, please know that refunds are available upon request. However, if you care to turn your prepayment into a tax-deductable donation, it would be most appreciated, and your tax-deductable letter for the IRS will be sent to you.